Pea Sauce for Pasta (Serves 2-3)
Vegan, vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free
170g/6oz/1cup Frozen petit pois or peas
3tbs Olive or Hemp oil
1 Small clove of garlic, finely chopped
2tbs Lemon juice
Zest of 1/2 lemon, grated
Salt & black pepper to taste
Handful fresh basil
- In a pan heat 1 tbs of the oil with the garlic, salt, pepper and the peas and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add a splash of water to the pan to simmer the peas in and cook for a few more minutes until the peas are tender.
- Remove from the heat and add the remaining oil, basil, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir.
- Allow to cool slightly and then blend until smooth, adding a splash more water to get the required sauce consitency if necessary.
- Taste and add any additional salt, pepper or lemon juice as required. Serve immediately stirred into pasta or gnocchi.