Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Brie, Pear and Balsamic Red Onion Pasta

It was lunchtime and I was famished. A quick look in fridge revealed a large asian pear languishing at the back which I couldn't think what to do with. I didn't want something sweet and I wanted to eat this raw to enjoy its crisp bite. This is what I came up with. It was tasty with just enough sweet and savoury. I might give it a try with some walnuts or feta instead of brie next time. Sorry no photos as I was so hungry I just ate it before I thought about it. Whoops!


Brie, Pear & Balsamic Red Onion Pasta (Serves 1)
Vegetarian & gluten free

Ingredients
75g pasta (gluten free if required )
70g pear (any crisp type will do) chopped into bite size pieces
35g red onion thinly sliced
1tsp extra virgin olive oil
1tsp balsamic vinegar
25g brie chopped into small pieces
salt & pepper to taste

Method
  • Cook pasta according to instructions on the packet. 
  • In a non-stick frying pan heat the olive oil. 
  • Then add the onion and saute over a low heat until soft and browning.
  • Add the balsamic vinegar and allow to reduce and soak into the onion but be careful not to let it burn. 
  • Turn off the heat and add the cooked pasta and remaining ingredients and stir together. 
  • Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment